SimpliGov is singularly focused on enabling digital transformation in the public sector through its award-winning workflow automation, secure digital forms and electronic signature platform and is enjoying significant success across a growing national list of public sector clients.
SimpliGov improves the government interaction for employees and constituents by automating manual, repetitive workflows, accelerating, and optimizing business processes. SimpliGov empowers public sector agencies to digitize and automate any business process and is no typical, burdensome enterprise application; we combine intuitive drag-and-drop simplicity of use, integrate with existing system infrastructure, we are scalable and customizable to meet exact needs and deliver immediate TCO.
The Vice President of Customer Success is a senior role within SimpliGov’s management team at the intersection of our Customer Success, Services Delivery and Account Management teams. The Vice President will be expected to build relationships with key customer executives and continuously evolve and improve SimpliGov’s customer engagement and customer success strategy.
By default, you will become a SimpliGov Platform SME, able to personally design, configure, implement and test automated workflows. Willingness and ability to get hands-on with our own tools is very important despite this being a senior customer success management role and underscores the technical nature of this position.
You will need to present and demonstrate SimpliGov solutions and also act as our internal customer advocate, making sure that our product and support teams are responsive to customer needs in both support and enablement and proactive product feature development. You will be focused on driving actionable results to include increasing renewal rates, expanding revenue through identification of cross and up-sell opportunities and reducing customer churn. You will not only help lead our customer success efforts but also be instrumental in measuring the effectiveness of SimpliGov’s customer success.
- Partner with clients and help them optimize the use of the SimpliGov Automation Platform by listening and understanding the customer’s requests and provide immediate value through in-depth technical knowledge
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with SimpliGov Engineering and Product Management.
- Develop relationships with key customer business line and IT stakeholders and become an expert on our customers’ implementations by understanding their top business goals, priorities and challenges.
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will increase speed of workflow deployments and overall customer engagement.
- Attain Trusted Advisor status with both key business line and technical decision makers.
- Identify new key industry business process areas ripe for automation and opportunity to employ the SimpliGov Automation Platform.
- Contribute to SimpliGov knowledge, community, training resources and lead development of the SimpliGov learning center. Extensively research and document customer success issues as appropriate.
- Uncover projects and business processes that are fit for our Professional Services, gather key requirements, and act as a liaison between the customer and the Professional Services team.
- Lead Technical Customer Account Reviews and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specifics to customers’ business needs.
- Participate in issue resolution and act as an advocate for customers during the resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely executive summary status reports both internally and to the customer.
- Demo existing unused SimpliGov capabilities/functionality and recommend appropriate SimpliGov functionality to continually increase customer engagement.
- Recommend Partners/ISVs/SIs based on evolving customer needs and requirements.
- Contribute and collaborate internally to the SimpliGov team, share knowledge and best practices with team members, contribute to internal projects and initiatives and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific technical or process areas.
- 7-10 years of management experience leading customer success managers, delivery, or account management for a software company
- Track record of over-achieving your goals, exhibiting proactive behavior and a willingness to take new challenges and responsibilities
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption and leveraging customer success best practices
- Action-oriented, naturally curious, and business process-minded with the ability to compile, analyze, and summarize large amounts of information quickly
- Demonstrated operational excellence in process development and improvement, problem solving and communication
- Strong empathy for customers passion for bookings/revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills