SimpliGov is singularly focused on enabling digital transformation in the public sector through its award-winning workflow automation and secure forms management SaaS platform and is enjoying significant success across a growing national list of public sector clients. SimpliGov improves the government interaction for employees and constituents by automating manual, repetitive workflows, accelerating, and optimizing business processes. SimpliGov empowers public sector agencies to digitize and automate any business process.
As the Technical Implementation Project Manager, you will work directly with customers and SimpliGov implementation consultants to enable customer digital transformation journeys. In this hands-on and critical role, you will be responsible for managing the project implementation efforts of our software platform and leading the project teams to ensure milestones and deadlines are met. The Technical Project Manager will have complete responsibility for the day-to-day management of the project engagements, including all aspects related to managing our project teams, resulting in a successful delivery and satisfied, reference-able customers.
- Own, lead and manage technical implementation projects from discovery and design through development, testing, & deployment.
- Facilitate requirements definition and manage project scope and resource plan in line with customer timeline and budget constraints.
- Lead and facilitate project team meetings to define and document technical implementation requirements and solutions.
- Professionally document scope, business requirements and workflows with customers
- Create project plans, manage resources, monitor timelines and budget to ensure milestones are met and deliverables are approved in a timely fashion.
- Successfully transition the client from requirements gathering, through QA and UAT testing, to go-live.
- Monitor and track project risks and proactively remove obstacles for the implementation team
- Become a SimpliGov platform expert and trusted subject matter expert in order to guide new client deployments.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Interact with product managers and other organizational units such as QA, operations, and external implementation partners.
- Create project plans, status briefs, gantt charts, SWOT analysis documents, project timelines, meeting minutes, and best practices to project teams. Conduct team meetings.
- Partner with customer success managers
- Identify, track, and communicate risk to project success and delivery and triage to remove blockers
- Manage internal and external stakeholders' expectations and communications
- Aid in the development of templates and standards for project deliverables
The ideal candidate will have...
- 5+ years of technology project management experience, with preference for candidates that have worked in customer-facing, software implementation roles for SaaS product companies
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS) concepts, including setup and configuration, data migration, single-sign-on (SSO) concepts, SQL, etc
- Consulting experience
- PMP or PMI-ACP certified, Agile certification a plus
- Strong relationship management and account management experience
- Experience with government sector
- Ability to manage implementation partners as part of the project core team
- Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines and proactive client management skills
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings, workshops, and executive level presentations
- Manage client needs and expectations proactively
- Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and enterprise systems
- Work well with diverse personalities
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Highly proficient in collaborating with project stakeholders, end-users, business partners, and Professional Services team members to deliver high quality projects.
- Hands on with project documentation.
- Must have prior background in managing medium/large, multi-team engagements.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Wide variety of IT and business consulting engagement experience.